New £90k Funding Opportunity Workshops
Updated – 28 January 2019
Mourne, Gullion and Lecale Rural Development Partnership will be holding a series of Mandatory Pre-Application Workshops across Newry, Mourne and Down district for businesses who wish to apply for funding up to £90,000 under its ‘Rural Business Investment’ Scheme.
What is the ‘Rural Business Investment Scheme’?
The Rural Business Investment Scheme aims to provide investment support for the creation and development of micro and small enterprises (including farm diversification and private tourism businesses) in rural areas.
Mandatory Pre-Application Workshop Agenda
Information presented at each Workshop will include an overview of:
• The Rural Development Programme
• The Application Process
• The Scheme Eligibility Criteria
There will also be an opportunity to speak with Mourne, Gullion and Lecale Rural Development Partnership representatives, on a one-to-one basis.
Mandatory Pre-application Workshops will be held as listed below:
IMPORTANT! – Please arrive 15 minutes before each workshop session to allow sign in and confirm attendance.
Monday 11 February 2019 – 10am and 7pm sharp
Kilmorey Arms Hotel, 41-45 Greencastle Road, Kilkeel, BT34 4BH
Tuesday 12 February 2019– 10am and 7pm sharp
Downshire Civic Centre, Downshire Estate, Ardglass Road, Downpatrick, BT30 6GQ
Wednesday 13 February 2019 – 10am and 7pm sharp
Ti Chulainn Centre, 2 Bog Road, Mullaghbawn, Newry, BT35 9TT
Thursday 14 February 2019 – 10am and 7pm sharp
Cabra Community Centre, 130 Castlewellan Road, Cabra, Newry BT34 5RA
Friday 15 February 2019 – 10am and 7pm sharp
The Lodge, 1 Dublin Road, Castlewellan, BT31 9AG
Please also note there are a number of prerequisites when applying for funding via this Scheme:
- Registration is essential.
- Attendance at one of the above Mandatory Pre-Application Workshops is essential. Failure to attend will result in exclusion from the process.
- Workshops must be attended by the business owner/director etc that has legal responsibility to sign on behalf of the organisation, ie you cannot send someone on your behalf eg member of staff.
- Businesses operating within Downpatrick and Newry are not eligible for grant support through this Scheme.
To register contact:
E: [email protected] or
T: 0300 013 2233 ext 2506
If you would be interested in applying under one of the schemes, please contact us on 0300 013 2233 ext 2506 (Downpatrick office) to register your interest.
Rural Development Partnership awards £308,000 towards Kilcoo Community Hub
Kilclief to benefit from Cross Community Hub having been awarded Rural Development Funding