Funding Opportunity for Rural Dwellers Through The Rural Business Investment Scheme – Upto £75,000 Available
The Rural Business Investment Scheme will provide investment support for the creation and development of micro and small enterprises. Up to £75,000 of grant assistance is available (50% of the total costs of the project).
If you are interested in potentially applying to the Rural Business Investment Scheme you will need the fulfil the following pre requisites;
• Attend a Mandatory Pre Application Workshop (dates to be publicised soon)
• Have a full business plan completed
- existing businesses must use the ‘Regional Start Initiative’ template, available from the Mourne, Gullion and Lecale Rural Development Partnership office or through the Local Enterprise Agency/Business Centre
- new businesses must go through the ‘Regional Start Initiative’ and should contact the Local Enterprise Agency/Business Centre to do so.
* a business plan is not required for Marketing & Technical Support and Bespoke Training Projects only
• Full planning permission must be in place
- if not required for capital build, evidence of this must be provided by the Planning Department.
* existing and new businesses must provide written evidence of planning / statutory approvals from the relevant authorities
• Written evidence of match funding in place
- eg presentation of bank statement/loan approval etc
• Procurement exercise undertaken
- more info will be presented at the Mandatory Pre-Application Workshop
Please note, costs associated with preparing any of the above pre requisites are not eligible for grant assistance
If you are interested in accessing funds from the Rural Business Investment Scheme in late Spring, it is advised you refer to the scheme sheet for eligibility criteria which can be found on our website under ‘Available Funding,’
Dates for the Mandatory Pre-Application Workshops will be publicised soon, but to ensure you are made aware of them, please register your contact details (name, address, contact number, email address) by emailing [email protected]
If you require any further information, please contact the Mourne, Gullion and Lecale Rural Development Partnership office on 0300 013 2233 extension 2506.
If you would be interested in applying under one of the schemes, please contact us on 0300 013 2233 ext 2506 (Downpatrick office) to register your interest.
Funding Opportunity of up to £75,000 for Rural Businesses – Mandatory Workshop Dates